Market Research Engine
NBC TVROCS is a "heavy lifting" workflow application used for analyzing Nielsen market data. The legacy app was often confusing and cumbersome. We needed to simplify the interaction design of a complex market research tool.
The Value Proposition
- Bring UX advocacy, "best practices", and insight to the programmer-centric development team
- "Team sounding board" for UX design solutions
- Improve usability of this mission critical analytics tool
The platform for this application had been implemented in Visual Basic and the design was more than 10 years old.
Sophisticated audience of highly-skilled professionals
No documentation / explanation
- Re-organize functional & informational "chunks" at a high-level
- Focus design on the default workflow paths and staged steps
- Simplify & systematize visual elements of the UI
- Clarify terminology